- Kristin H.
1. Your family. These people will always be there for you. Some good old quality time at your family gatherings can be the best way to spend the holiday season.
2. Your friends. Make sure to make time for your friends this season. Call up a friend you haven't seen in a long time for a coffee date to catch up!
3. Your pets. Don't forget to show your furry best friends some love this holiday season!
4. Your health. So many of us take this for granted! Go for a walk, run or try a new type of workout you have been hearing about to celebrate your good health and capabilities.
5. Your favorite TV shows. Stranger Things Season 2?! Thank you Netflix! This is the best time of year to snuggle up on your couch by the fire with a cozy blanket, some popcorn or hot cocoa and enjoy a Netflix marathon. Here are some of the top rated Netflix shows of the season: collider.com/best-tv-shows-on-netflix-right-now/#the-good-place
6. Opportunities to volunteer. There are so, so many wonderful volunteer opportunities throughout the greater Seattle area. Check some out organizations that could really use your help here: www.volunteermatch.org
7. The PNW. We truly live in the most beautiful surroundings, especially this time of year! Take some time to do some exploring of the city or go on one of the amazing hikes we have in this area: seattle.curbed.com/maps/best-seattle-day-hikes-trails
8. Sleeping in. Holidays mean days off, and days off mean no alarms ;)
9. Good books. It’s the perfect season to snuggle up with a good book! Check out these recommendations of the best books of the year: www.washingtonpost.com/graphics/2017/entertainment/best-books/?utm_term=.651772811cc1
10. Winter Fashion. Cozy sweaters, boots and a scarf kind of weather is our favorite! There is nothing better than dressing warm and going out in the brisk weather on a crisp winter day! Be sure to check out our fall fashion tips on our recent blog post, “Style Guide for any Winter Occasion”: www.simplymatchmaking.com/insights/style-guide-for-any-winter-occasion
11. Vacations. Holiday vacations are the best! If you don't have anything big planned, plan a last minute, quick vacation to the beautiful Oregon Coast, the new Post Hotel in Leavenworth: posthotelleavenworth.com or even have a staycation at one of our local spots like Willows Lodge: www.willowslodge.com
12. Long weekends. So much extra time to relax, start your holiday shopping or do fun activities with friends and family!
13. Comfort food. Pumpkin, pumpkin, pumpkin everything! Bring on the food comas!
14. Concerts. There are so many great concerts happening this time of year. Check them out here and get tickets to something you know you will love or maybe even try something new by seeing a band you are not familiar with: www.songkick.com/metro_areas/2846-us-seattle
15. Traditions. The absolute best part of the holidays. Enjoy and treasure those traditions you have with those you love! The holidays only happen once a year and truly bring so much joy! :)